Sunday, June 24, 2018

Game 7 - Planning - First Person Shooter

My Game 7 is "First Person Shooter".  If you want to join in either with the same Genre or your own, use the tag 12Games12Weeks on Twitter and/or itch.io, I would love to see what you create in this time also!

MVP 

The most basic MVP would be a 3D level that can be transversed.  A First Person Camera.  A Goal.  one enemy type. One weapon type. FPS UI. Extras would be weapon swap, ammo/Energy system.

Extra Challenge

I was challenged by Blank Canvas to use the following palette for one of my games.  This was the next up and I think I can make it work. so here we go!
If you want to provide me with a challenge, go head and post it in the comments.  If I find that it is reasonable and fits with one of the remaining games, I will take you up on it!.

Concepts 

  • Input / Input Method Swapping
  • 3D Rendering
  • 3D art
  • 3D Physics / collisions
  • Basic UI
  • Damage
  • Level Over
  • Enemy Spawning (maybe)
  • Basic Enemy AI
  • Menu(s)
  • First Person Camera
  • Light baking

Extra Concepts

  • Audio Playing
  • Audio Effect Creation
  • Weapon Swap
  • Ammo Inventory / Energy

Art

  • Enemy
  • Pickups
  • End Goal
  • Level blocks

Audio

  • Hit
  • Die
  • Attack
  • Pickup
  • Enemy Noises

Planned Tools

  • Unity 2017.3
  • Visual Studio Code
  • Gimp
  • Blender
  • Audacity
  • BFRX or ChipTone

Reference

  • I will be able to pull a lot from the 3D platformer script wise - at least for menus, UI, level management/etc.
  • Merry Fragmas - Unity Tutorial (I don't think I will be referencing this, but it may be helpful for others)

3 comments:

  1. Extra challenge, you have to fit in a sound of a rubber duck being squeezed somewhere and make it work. You can modify the sound if you wish :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a doable challenge (as long as I can find a rubber duck ), I will add it to one of my remaining games.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for accepting the challenge, I'm really interested about how your game will turn out !

    ReplyDelete