Saturday, June 9, 2018

Let's Get This Thing Started

Alright, time to get started.

What is it?

I am making 12 games in 12 weeks as both a challenge for myself and a way to improve my skills. 

The rules

  • make one game per week... or don't i'm not your dad
  • Make a Minimum Viable Product for the game.
  • Start with whatever you want.
  • Game theme can be anything you want, if you want to follow my list, it is below.

The prizes

  • your games 
  • your improved skills.

What I will be doing

  • Overview post at the start of the week with what I see the minimum viable product to be and a high level planning document.
  • Post Mortem at the end of the week with my thoughts on the week's game and a link to the game I created for anyone who wants to try it out.

How You can get Involved

  • Read, follow, comment on the blog
  • Follow on twitter @AdroidConcepts, #12games12weeks
  • Make your own games and post them on Itch.io with the tag 12games12weeks

Current Schedule (start dates - 1 week each):*

  1. Racing
  2. Top Down Shooter
  3. 2D Platformer
  4. Color Matching Puzzle Game
  5. 2D Puzzle Platformer
  6. 3D Platformer
  7. First Person Shooter
  8. JRPG
  9. Fighting Game 
  10. Action Adventure
  11. Western RPG
  12. Real Time Strategy
*Edit: Changed to doing the games as soon as they were done instead of queuing them up.
Ludum Dare is Aug 10th - 12th, so the challenge may get delayed during that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment